Providing Advocacy for Family, Criminal, & Immigration Matters

Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing for Family-Based Immigration

From spouses or fiances to parents and siblings to unmarried children under the age of 21, our family-based immigration attorneys can go over your options to help you with petitioning your adjustment of status for family-based immigration. We assist our client through all steps of adjustment of status and consular processing, from determining eligibility to supporting document compilation, to filling out forms, to applying for waivers, to applying for employment authorization while your adjustment petition is pending, to preparing you or your immigrant beneficiary for an immigration interview, to attending the immigration adjustment of status interview with you in Chicago. While we cannot travel to foreign countries for consular processing interviews, we vigorously prepare clients abroad for consular processing using practice interviews over video conferencing services. We offer a free confidential initial consultation to discuss what we may be able to do for you.

Deportation & Removal Defense

The possibility of being removed from a country that has been a home for decades is the reality for many undocumented immigrants. With professional experience and a personal investment in immigration matters, we will aggressively represent you in front of the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) court and protect your rights or your loved one’s rights. We are familiar with a variety of forms of immigration relief, including but not limited to cancellation of removal, asylum, adjustment of status, and requesting prosecutorial discretion. We have also successfully secured the release of immigrants subject to immigration detention, as well as successfully prevented removal for a variety of our clients. While every case is factually unique, feel free to contact us for a free initial consultation to discuss your legal options and see how we may be able to help you or your loved ones.


If you’re facing deportation from the U.S. and you fear oppression in your home country because of your political beliefs, religion, nationality, race, or participation in certain social groups, you may be eligible for asylum or relief under the Convention Against Torture (CAT). Our experience includes both affirmative and defensive asylum applications in removal proceedings. Applying for asylum or CAT relief is a complicated and lengthy process, but we’re here to assist every step of the way. There are also time bars that may come into play with asylum claims; if you have a potential asylum claim, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible to ensure your claim is properly presented and preserved. We offer a free initial, confidential consultation to discuss with you what we may be able to do for you.


A U Visa is set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and prove to be helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. We have extensive experience with U-Visas, and we help our clients at every step of the application process, including but not limited to identifying, contacting, persuading qualifying government officials to sign the requisite U-Visa certification necessary for filing. One of the advantages of the U-Visa is that it can waive certain bars of inadmissibility. If you have been a victim of a crime and lack immigration status, please arrange for a free confidential consultation with us, as you may be eligible to petition for immigration status via U-Visa.

VAWA Petitions

If you or your children were battered or abused by your US citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident Spouse, The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) may provide you the ability to apply for lawful permanent residence. Another advantage of VAWA is that it can operate to waive many different grounds of inadmissibility that would otherwise prevent you from obtaining permanent residency status. If you or your children have been victimized, please consult with us in a free, confidential consultation to determine what we may be able to do for you.

Conditional Green Cards

If you obtained a two-year conditional green card through marriage, you will likely have to file a petition to remove the conditions of your green card. This typically involves filing a petition with your spouse showing that the marriage continued after you received your conditional green card. This typically involves showing that the two of you continued to commingle assets, live together and engaged in day-to-day affairs as a married couple.

That said, many marriages don’t last two years. Other times, many marriages don’t necessarily follow a traditional structurefor example, one spouse winds up having to work abroad for an extended period of time and so it is more difficult to show commingling of assets, living together or engaging in day-to-day affairs as a married couple.

Fear not! We are familiar not only with the entire process from start to finish of removing conditions of residence, but we are also experienced with waivers for a petition to remove conditions for marriages that end prior to when you file your petition to remove your conditions, as well as various ways to document and prove your marriage remains legitimate to USCIS, even if your marriage is not traditional. We offer a free, confidential initial consultation to discuss what we may be able to do for you.

We Fight for Your Rights

Contact us about your legal issue today!

Learn More About Our Other Areas of Practice

Family Law

From divorce to parental rights to child support, we can help your family find a better path forward while ensuring that your legal and financial interests remain protected.

Criminal Law

From a misdemeanor to a felony, we are relentless in our fight for your rights in criminal-related matters.